(solution)- annotated bibliography?????PSYC 101
High Quality Soution Download
sample paper is attached
An annotated bibliography is a paper in which you list and summarizes several sources on a specific topic. For this assignment you will select a personality trait from the list below. You will then search for five articles on this topic within the PsycARTICLES database; all articles must have been published within the last five years. Within your paper you will list each of your five articles using a properly-formatted APA citation, and for each article you will provide a 150-250 word summary that outlines the following:
- The specific topic of the article
- The rationale for the research, i.e. why did the researchers do this (to test a theory, to fill in a gap, to replicate previous research, to advance a better therapeutic practice, etc.)
- A general description of the people who were studied in the research (e.g. age, sex, etc)
- A general description of the methods used
- A summary of the general conclusions drawn by the researchers
- NOTE: You are?not?expected to summarize the statistical results; that goes beyond the level of an Intro Psych class
You may select from the following list of personality traits:
- Sensation seeking
Be aware that some of these will have more research than others. Ideally, you should choose a topic that generates many search results from PsycARTICLES, so that you can scan through for articles that are interesting and which you can understand sufficiently well to be able to summarize within your paper.
Your paper should begin with a title page (within the same document as the paper) listing your name, class section, professor's name and the date, and the personality trait you chose to study. Then, on the next page you should begin the bibliography: list the APA citation for your first source, followed by your summary; then, proceed to the second, third, fourth, and fifth citations. A very generic sample paper is attached below, along with links to sources of further reading about annotated bibliographies.
The emphasis in this paper is demonstrating understanding of the material, as summarized in your own words. You may use direct quotes if they are very short and clearly cited within quotation marks, but you should not use longer block quotes.
The paper should be formatted as follows:
- The paper should be double-spaced, no more than 12 point font, preferably Times New Roman or Calibri. Do NOT use Courier font. Margins should be no more than 1.25 inches all around.
- The paper must be submitted in Microsoft Word .DOC format or Microsoft Word .DOCX format. The "Save As..." menu in most word processors will allow you to select your format.
- If your word processor does not allow you to save in one of these formats, the college does allow students to download a copy of Microsoft Office for free. Instructions on doing this can be found in the Start Here area of the course, under Step 3: Help with Blackboard and Technology
- If you do not submit in one of these formats, I may not be able to open the file (warning: I cannot open files in Microsoft Works or Apple Pages format). If I cannot open the file, you will receive a zero for the assignment.
The grading structure for this paper is outlined below; more detail is available in the full grading rubric, which you can find by clicking on the link above (where it says "Annotated Bibliography").
- Summary of first source: up to 10 points
- Summary of second source: up to 10 points
- Summary of third source: up to 10 points
- Summary of fourth source: up to 10 points
- Summary of fifth source: up to 10 points
- Formatting of document and APA citations: up to 10 points
- Quality of writing: up to 15 points
- TOTAL: 75 points